Vermeer horizontal grinders are built tough and offered in a variety of configurations to suit large land-clearing, municipal waste and composting operations. The grinders feature a variety of feed table length options, a large range in horsepower, a patented duplex drum and Thrown Object Deflectors (TOD) to help reduce the quantity and distance of thrown material.
- Remote-controlled track-driven grinders provide convenient mobility on your jobsite.
- The patented duplex drum features reversible hammers and tips that simplify maintenance and nearly double wear life.
- Variety of screen choices helps you maximize productivity while meeting end-product sizing specifications.
Our horizontal grinder lineup is built to efficiently and effectively process logs and other woody material into a useful end product.
Designed to handle stumps, regrind, and high-volume wood recycling and mulch operations Vermeer tub grinders are loaded with innovative features to help improve efficiency and jobsite safety.
Patented duplex drum cutting system optimizes cutting performance and simplifies maintenance.
Patented Thrown Object Restraint System (TORS) reduces quantity and distance of thrown objects.
Vermeer tub grinders also offer an optional grapple loader and a unique bioscreen kit that allows non-woody biomass material, such as hay or ag residue, to pass efficiently through the grinder without deteriorating the end product.
Vermeer forestry tractors offer tough, effective solutions for your land-clearing needs. Whether you work on small-scale residential jobsites or large right-of-way clearing projects, the Vermeer forestry tractor line has what you need. From the above-ground mulcher with a ringed rotor and multiple tip options, to the accessible tractor design for convenient service, Vermeer forestry tractors are built to provide superior versatility and productivity.
Composting is an important aspect of waste management throughout the world. Product from compost operations can be seen in various applications such as:
- Top-dressing for yards and golf courses
- Compost socks, which are mesh tubes filled with compost that will slow and filter water on a construction site, capturing soil and reducing erosion
- Erosion control on disturbed areas such as construction sites, development (and planting) projects and exposed stream banks
- Organic fertilizer or soil conditioners
There’s no trick to achieving faster dry down and tightly rolled bales that preserve quality, shed water and transport easily. All you need are the right tools. It’s a cinch to form the windrows for bales with one of the Vermeer exclusive hay rakes. Vermeer offers more options, so you can find the rake that fits your operation: twin basket rakes, high-capacity crop-driven wheel rakes, rotary rakes and carted rakes. Built rugged to last, all models have feature after feature to help reduce the work of haying.
Vermeer trommel screens were designed for efficiency and ease of maintenance. The large feed hopper sits low to the ground, making it easy to feed material into the screening drum with a variety of loading equipment.
- Removable side panels expose the full length of the drum screen, providing for easy maintenance and cleaning.
- Put the finished product where you need it – loading directly into a truck or stockpiling using the optional radial stacking conveyor on select models that swings a full 200 degrees.
- Avoid jams with both the drum and feed conveyor being reversible.
- With the ability to tension the screen around the drum, operators can add rigidity to the screens. This design allows the use of smaller gauge wire, ultimately increasing the open area of the screen to help improve productivity
Vermeer trommel screens are designed to minimize setup time and be easy and convenient to service. With an extensive list of options these machines can be manufactured to fit your specific needs.